Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nutcracker 2009

Another year, another Nutcracker! I absolutely love our studio, Idaho Ballet Theatre. This year I got quite a few behind the scenes pics, but I'm sad I didn't get very many of Haylie Jo. I did order a professional pic of the two of them in their tutus, but I haven't got it yet. I'll add it when I get it. Well, this year Haylie Jo was a mouse again, and a butterscotch in the overature. Jozlyn was a little party girl, a licorice in the overature, and chinese. No words can describe how much it brings me joy to see my little girls on stage. They even got to be on stage the same time as the professional ballerinas! This year Jozlyn was in the finale and as such, we were one of the last to leave. When we got out into the lobby, the Sugar Plum Fairy was out in the lobby too. Jozlyn got the courage to go and talk to her. Sugar Plum asked Jozlyn, "What dances were you in?" Jozlyn told her and Sugar Plum said, "You must be really good to be in 3 dances." Jozlyn said, "I was the 3rd one out." Keep in mind there are over 100 little kids that perform. Sugar Plum said, "I remember you!" Sugar Plum made little Jozzy feel like a hundred bucks! The star professional from the show knew her! Here are the few pics I just had to show off!

Jozlyn with the other little party girls hanging out backstage

Jozlyn in Licorice

I love tutu bums!

Jozlyn in little Party Girl

Me with Jozlyn and Haylie Jo in mouse

All of us

Me and Jozzy after the show

2 comments:

Murray Family said...

Beatiful girls!! I love all their costumes. And YES, you two look so much alike!

Emily said...

How fun for you to be able to do that with your girls! I love that the Sugar Plum Fairy made her feel special that is something she will NEVER forget! Your girl are absolutely beautiful!
Emily