Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mother-Daughter walk around the Greenbelt

For mutual on Tuesday, the laurels had planned a mother/daughter walk around the greenbelt. It was so much fun! The greenbelt is approximately 2.3 miles and I was crossing my fingers that both Jozlyn and Haylie Jo would walk the whole way around. Jozlyn made it the whole way around, Haylie Jo made is most of the way. When we reached the half way point Haylie Jo was flushed and panting. By the time we made it 3/4 of the way, I was chanting, "I think I can, I think I can," over and over. I told her to repeat, "I can do hard things," which she did repeat a few times. A laurel stopped and asked if she wanted a piggy-back ride. Haylie Jo rode the last 1/4 of the way. After the walk, we all sat by the river and had a picnic. Here are a few pictures of the girls at the mother/daughter walk the greenbelt event!

Jozlyn and Haylie Jo


Jozlyn in her ever-so-beautiful ballet pose!


Haylie Jo holding her little puppy so everyone could see.


The primary girls who came to walk the greenbelt with their mommies!

0 comments: