Thursday, July 2, 2009

Camping Fun

Our family went camping for the first time ever! Josh has gone camping with friends, I have gone camping with the young women in our ward, but we have never gone camping as an entire family together. To say it was fun was an understatement. Do you remember the excitement of doing something you've never done before when you were a child? The girls spent the afternoon venturing around the campsite, getting dirty, looking at bugs, and roasting food on the campfire. Jozlyn said making smores was her favorite thing we did, Haylie Jo liked the campfire. The girls went to sleep at dusk and slept well, that is until I scared them half to death. I kept hearing a rustling in the trees and I swear I could hear something drinking from the nearby stream. I thought it was a bear for sure, a friend we were with kept saying it could be a man. I grabbed the girls and shoved them in the car. Josh and his friend Brad went looking to see what it was. It turned out to be only a beaver. I'm such a scardy pants.

Jozlyn and Haylie Jo at the campsite. Haylie Jo wanted to pull a funny face.


Jozlyn coloring.


Haylie Jo posing with her fire poker stick.


Me at the Maverick trying on a hat I didn't buy.


Haylie Jo roasting marshmallows for smores


Josh and his bf Brad. I couldn't find a picture where they both looked good, sorry Brad!


The morning we left. Excuse the morning look please!

2 comments:

Murray Family said...

Fun! Camping is so great. Your girls are so CUTE!

Jen said...

Wow...you are such a trooper! I'm not a camping person, but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!