So after some pensive posts of late I decided to bring you all some fun. I have been known to call myself the human jukebox. Seriously people the only music I don't love is screamo. Anyway, after becoming a mom about 10 years ago, I pushed my love of rap and hard rock to the back burner. I still love me some rap and hard rock when I'm alone in the car or running outside, but I try to keep most of my music family friendly. A bonus to this way of thinking is I can expose my kids to all types of music and put it on their iPods without feeling guilty. I've always had a little hippie in me. Maybe the term is hipster? I don't know but I like some indie alternative music that's for sure. Especially the singer-songwriter indie music, mmmmmm. Anyway here is my new favorite band. They won some huge music festival in Iceland and are becoming super popular around the world. I have been listening to their album for a few months and what do you know? Barnes and Noble now play the album on a loop in their store. Who are they? Of Monsters and Men.

Here is one of their songs called Little Talks. The video is a little weird and doesn't really depict what the song is about (a couple where the husband has died) but I LOVE the song!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
New Favs in Music
Posted by Katie at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment