My mind isn't quite working the way it should today, but I have been wanting to blog for a week now. Josh's family came into town for the first week of July. FUN! My grandpa died on the 4th of July. Not fun. Anyway, those stories are for another time. I have been wanting to blog on goals for a while now.
Since I've became a SAHM for almost a year now...what? Yes, almost a year! Something I've had in abundance is time to reflect on who I am and who I want to be. During those school days when the girls were at school and Josh was at work, I found myself having some peace and quiet. What happens when my house is peaceful and quiet? My mind wanders. I know my kids aren't in school, but I've still managed to find time to reflect on who I am. I've decided to start setting 3 small goals a month, one spiritual, one health, and one on improving my interactions with other people.
Right now my health goal is to give up soda, for good! My goal was to not drink any soda in the month of July...I've had 2 so far.....that's okay though. To go from drinking soda nearly daily to one a week is a great accomplishment in my opinion. I already know my health goal for August - eat a healthy breakfast daily. I almost never eat breakfast.
My spiritual goal? Pray. My goal is to say my personal prayers morning and night, and to encourage family prayers morning, night, and meals. Something I really need to work on..... My spiritual goal for August? Personal and family scripture study.
How can I interact with other people more effectively? Hmmm, not such an easy goal to make. I guess right now my goal is to let people off the hook. I don't get offended easily but I do tend to let myself feel hurt by situations that I can't control or even the hurt-ee can't control. What's the point in that? So I'm trying to be nicer in my mind I guess, haha! Not sure what my August goal will be yet...
Anyway, I just thought maybe I could encourage you to set a few small goals for yourself. You don't have to wait for a new year to set goals and resolutions! Get over the "I will start on Monday" thing. You will feel so much better about yourself if you are striving to be a better person, even if your progress is only a small amount at a time.
Monday, July 9, 2012
Goals?
Posted by Katie at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment