Wondering how our first night crying it out went? Waaaaayyyyy better than expected. After completing our regular routine of pajamas, reading a book, nursing, and cuddling (missing out on our favorite part - a walk outside - due to nasty wind) I laid him down in his crib, patted his chest, told him I loved him, and left. As I listened to him start to cry tears filled my eyes. Why? Why did I have to do this? I could go in, pick him up, hold him close and he would stop crying and fall blissfully asleep in my arms. What would that lead to? Waking every 3 hours to nurse and potentially fall off the bed and break his neck. Okay, I do have to do this. As my dad told me, Owen is going through an adjustment and sometimes when babies have to adjust, they cry. As hard as it seems, after the adjustment phase everyone is better for it.
Anyways, I watched the clock wondering how many hours I would listen to my baby cry and gearing up for a long night. 13 minutes? What? Yep, Owen only cried 13 minutes before falling asleep. It couldn't be that easy.....So I stayed up till 11:30 waiting to hear him....still silence. I sent Josh in to make sure he was alive. He was. So I went to sleep. Didn't hear a sound till about 2 a.m. He cried for 5 minutes and fell back asleep. I heard him cry about 5 times total between 8:30, when he fell asleep, and 6:45 when he woke up. Each time he woke during the night he only cried 5 minutes.
Nap time right now. Where is Owen. Asleep in his crib! With NO crying! Just a little whimpering before falling asleep. Oh people, please say it isn't a fluke....
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Cry It Out - 1st night update
Posted by Katie at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment