Yes, I am once again in peril. Remember when I tried to let Owen cry it out to sleep back about 4 months ago? Well it never really worked because once again I sabotaged the situation. He was only 7 months! What if he really was hungry? So I would go in to feed him a couple of times a night which led to Owen never really learning to soothe himself to sleep. So, after 2 weeks of awfulness, Owen came back into bed with us and still nurses about 3 times a night (better than the 8 times previous to 1st try crying it out). Well, he will be 11 months old this week and with weaning in the near future, I've decided to night wean him now. He doesn't need to nurse at night anymore, he just is out of habit. AND, now don't judge me, he fell out of bed last night (and it wasn't the first time). Owen is a super light sleeper and quite restless most nights. He likes to wiggle around until he gets comfortable before falling asleep. When he is fully awake, he won't try to crawl off the bed. But sleepy Owen will wiggle right off the bed. After last night's 2 a.m. thud, Josh basically demanded I quit nursing him during the night, put him in his crib, and let him cry it out. I agree with Josh that the chance of Owen getting hurt by falling off the bed should be taken seriously so I will comply. I just HATE hearing Owen cry. I HATE IT! When Josh gets home, we are lowering the crib mattress and in Owey will go. Lord help me.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Good luck katie b! you are super mom!!!!
Post a Comment