Today I have really felt the need to write down a few things I'm grateful for.
1 - Josh. He is the hardest worker I know. He is working so hard at school to ensure our family a comfortable living. He once told me, "I don't want to be a millionaire. I don't want a ton of material things. That's not what I'm going to school for. I just want to provide for my family and for us to be able to spend time together." Yesterday as I was getting into the bathtub he told me, "I think your butt looks smaller." Just a few of the reasons I married him!
2 - My sister. She is my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without her. She is the one who drags me to the gym, who cheers me on when I'm trying to diet, who I tell all my secrets too, who doesn't judge me for yelling at my girls, who calls me everyday just to chat (or answers when I call), who keeps me company when Josh is busy which is most of the time, etc....
3 - My friend Amberly. She called me and asked me to go with her to get some beads to make watches today. I think she is telepathic because I really needed some time with a friend. I think I yaked her ear off, probably due to lack of time with anyone besides myself. She also is the mother of Jozlyn best friend, Whitney. Whitney is such a sweetheart and an all around great girl.
4 - Men, in general. WHAT??? Weird I know. Due to the feelings and experiences I've had of late trying to find a job to support our family for a year, I have a whole new appreciation of men and what they go through to support us. And I only have to do it for 1 year, Josh will have to support us his whole life!
5 - Great teachers. Jozlyn has the best teacher. I don't think there is one thing I could complain about, and believe me, I try! I've found that no one is ever good enough for my little angels, but Ms. Prindle takes the cake! She is so organized and efficient. She is patient with the kids. She is caring and takes time to talk to me about any of my concerns. Haylie's teacher is great too. She's a great teacher to have for your first experience in school. She is very much the grandma type (although she probably only in her 50s). She is kind, funny in a sort-of forgetful way, and makes learning fun. She also knows how to discipline and she means business.
These are only a few of the things I'm grateful for. These things are the ones that stand out to me today.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Things I'm grateful for
Posted by Katie at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
Awww.....Love ya sis! :)
I had the best time yesterday! I'm glad you came with me. And, I am so glad Jozlyn and Whitney have each other. I agree Ms. Prindle is the BEST!!
This is a great post!
So I pretty much think you're the cutest thing alive, and I think we need to hang out because I get pretty lonely with Tim being so busy. I have a wicked-awesome sister too. She lives in Logan, but we talk all the time, and when we hang out we always do something crazy!
Thanks for sharing that, I think alot of the time we take for granted all of the blessings we have so to read youts it makes me stop and think about everything I am thankful for :)
thank you! -Emily
You seem like someone who likes to play the victim.
Anonymous, um if you want to say that about me, you should have enough courage to tell me who you are. You obviously don't know me and as such, why are you looking at my family blog? Jealousy, no doubt.
Katie!!! Just saw your comment on FB and wondered what the rude comment was...so I came over to see. I read this post from google reader and didn't comment (because it doesn't let you, but should), but thought to myself how wonderful you ARE!!!!! I can't believe someone would say such a mean thing!
I love your comment, and couldn't agree with you more. Keep these awesome posts coming. :)
Holy Crap, Miss Anonymous. Victim??? I think not!! Try 'Supermom' instead.
Katie I love you.. and we need to do something sometime..
Maren
Maybe 'Dr. Evil' has been checking your blog... hahaha
Post a Comment