I'm sure everyone has heard about Zhu Zhu pets by now, the little hamsters that are supposed to be like real ones. Well, here is my rant. Yes, I can see how little ones would like them, but why all the hype? Why can't they make more? Are we really that out of ideas that this toy is the hottest toy of the year? Now, here is my story of woe.
In October, before I had ever heard about the stupid Zhu Zhu pets, my mother in law called and told me she was at Toys R US and was holding a hamster toy. She said all the other women there told her to buy it because it was so popular. She tried to explain it to me but I told her I had no idea what it was. In my mind I was thinking it was a Furby and I wondered why people would be excited about furbies? 2 weeks later she was at ShopKo and called again with two hamster toys in her cart. Once again, there were other grandmothers and employees telling her to buy them because they sell so fast. I told her, "I just don't know what they are, and I don't think my girls would play with them." So she put them back. 2 weeks after that my sister was telling me about the hottest toy of the year....the Zhu Zhu pets. I looked them up on UTube and thought Haylie Jo might actually like them. I figured I'd look and if I couldn't find any right now, I could get one for her birthday in March. We were at Wal-Mart when Haylie Jo told me, "Mom, I want a Zhu Zhu pet. I'm going to ask for one from Santa." Yikes! By now all the pets were sold out in stores and going for $50 online. I saw a few accessories but wanted the hamster first. My mom got a little overexcited and bought one for $45 on ebay! I heard yesterday they would have hamsters at ToysRus in the morning. I got up at 4:30, put on all my winter clothes, and waited in line for 1 hour 15 minutes in the wind and bitter cold for a stinking hamster, and they were sold out of accessories. I drove all over town and found that all the accessories were now gone too! WHY ME? I missed so many opportunities to buy those stupid pets and accessories when I had the chance.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Stupid Zhu Zhu Pets!
Posted by Katie at 6:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
WHY YOU? Because your kids will laugh their heads off when you are sitting around their tree with their kids telling about furry pets on ebay! This story has me smiling....Have a happy one!
Post a Comment