Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh, to be a Kid



Jozlyn has always had quite the imagination and today I learned what has been going on in her pretty little head. I asked her if she wanted me to put a movie on for her while I cleaned and she said, "No, I'll play with my imaginary friend." I asked her what her name was...Sally. She has brown hair that's in two braided pigtails. She wears pants and a long sleeve shirt. Sally plays with Jozlyn when no one else can. She then told me how she daydreams while on the playground at school. She said she was running in Candyland (really the school field) and started getting sleepy from the candy poppies (sounds like Wizard of Oz huh?). She laid down and fell asleep. Her friend Whitney woke her up and she was back on the playground. I don't think I ever had a great imagination and I found myself quietly wishing I could pretend to be somewhere else. Every time I hear about something new in Jozlyn's imaginary world I absolutely am enthralled and ask her to explain all the details. I have vowed to never squash her creativity no matter how old she gets or how weird it is. I love to hear about her little world inside her head and wish I could be there with her. I have to say that nothing beats having a little girly girl like mine. Love you Jozzy Bear!

0 comments: