I'm not quite ready to do a post about our dear nephew Brycen. I just don't have the time to do it justice yet. Although his death was a tragedy, he brought the whole family together, which is quite a feat for a big family like ours. We were finally able to meet Grandma Berry (Josh's grandma) in person. She lives in Oklahoma and I have never had the chance to meet her. She is Josh's only living grandparent and has been so since he was a little boy. She is a faithful card-sender at Christmas and we get to talk to her on the phone every once in a while. After being married 7 years I finally got to meet her! She is so cute. She has that little southern accent and she is sharp as a whip! Although, I do think that Brooke and I overwhelmed her a little bit with our fast-talking, loud conversations, haha! Josh's Aunt Donna came up to from Oklahoma too. The girls absolutely loved meeting her and instantly loved her. She loved them right away too. I think the best memory I have of that whirlwind few days was when we were sitting outside the night before they left. Haylie Jo was getting cold but being the mother I am, I forgot her jacket. Grandma Berry took her coat off and laid it over the both of them and said, "Here honey, you can share with me." Grandma Berry also told Jozlyn about why we have rainbows. It was God's promise to never flood the earth again. I am so grateful we could spend time with Grandma Berry and Aunt Donna, I just wish it were under better circumstances.
(In order from left) Grandma Berry, Jozlyn, Aunt Donna, and Haylie Jo
Josh with his Grandma Berry
Josh, Bill, and Taylor at Brycen's grave
Monday, October 19, 2009
Meeting Grandma Berry (in person)!
Posted by Katie at 7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Great reeading
Post a Comment