School is out for summer (insert look of horror). Don't get me wrong, I love my girly girls. Yes, summer means sleeping in, no homework, cloud watching, barbecues, swimming, snow cones, etc. But here at the Berry Patch, it also means boredom and bickering. Oh ya, I'm a SAHM. That means it gets to be me...all summer....trying to combat boredom and bickering. Thanks to the creative ladies on pinterest, I've come up with some ideas to help get us through summer, and maybe even enjoy it! Don't worry, I'll share my ideas with you too!
Welcome to "The Lost Week." Something I came up with to ease the girls into our summer schedule. The first week after school gets out is deemed The Lost Week. During the lost week the girls can sleep in, watch as much TV as they want, play their electronics to their hearts' desire, snack as much as they want. Basically it's a free for all! My only rules are: they still have to shower daily by noon and complete their morning chores (basic make bed, etc.). That's it! I figured they needed a break right? That's where we are right now. I'm soooo bored! Seriously. I thrive on schedules.
Which brings me to our summer schedule. Every morning the girls must complete their tasks to earn the afternoon activity. Their morning tasks are to wake up at 7:00, shower and get ready, clean bedroom, and help with daily house cleaning. They must also read 30 minutes per day, and write 1 page per day. They can write anything such as stories, plays, journal, whatever. If these tasks are completed, then each day we do an activity.
Make it Monday - Arts and Crafts
Time to Read Tuesday - Library and/or Bookstore
Wet n' Wild Wednesday - Water! Sprinkler, swimming pool, anything water!
Town Time Thursday - Movies, park, zoo, museum, whatever
Friday Friend Day - Invite a friend over
Spend time together Saturday - Family Day
Spiritual Sunday - no schedule
Jozlyn will have ballet 3 mornings a week, and Haylie Jo will have swim team 4 days per week.
Every evening they get ready for bed, pick up toys or activities, and it's lights out by 9.
I have also helped the girls come up with a list of things to learn this summer like, how to use the blow dryer, make mac n' cheese, mop the floor.
Don't worry. We will still have free time. Plenty of cloud watching, snow cones, and yes, TV (gasp). I just know that we thrive on a schedule. I'm hoping this will cut down the time spent on electronics and complaining about boredom. A girl can dream right?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Summertime!
Posted by Katie at 6:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment