Saturday, April 16, 2011

23 Weeks and counting....

It's a BOY!!!!! We are super excited! I'm actually 23 weeks but this picture was taken when I was 20 weeks and on my way to my ultrasound. Only 17 weeks left to go, which seems like tomorrow and 20 years from now at the same time. So a few funny pregnancy stories, most from the first trimester.

One morning around Christmas I was at that in-between stage of awake and asleep and I started to sing, "I'm dreaming of a cinnamon and sugar powdered doughnut" (to the tune of "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas." I fell back asleep only to wake to Josh holding a box of a dozen cinnamon and sugar powdered doughnuts :)

On Christmas day all I wanted was french fries. After driving all over town and google-ing "Restaurants open on Christmas Day in Idaho Falls," I did break down and cry while wondering why Josh wouldn't buy a bag of potatoes, peel, cut, and deep fry them to make me some french fries! When Josh asked if it was going to be like this the whole pregnancy I simply replied, "Probably."

I was running late for work one morning and had to wear a shirt that was getting a little snug. The cook at work (who is known for her snarkiness) took one look at me and said, "Well that shirt isn't going to fit you much longer." Um, thanks.

Upon finding out that I was expecting, a doctor at work shouted, "You're pregnant! I thought you had just let yourself go!" Again...um, thanks.

I'm sure there will be more to come!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You are the most cute preggo lady, EVER...I can't believe someone thought you had 'let yourself go'!!! Rude!

Congrats on the little guy...boys are SO much fun. When they're good, they're very, very fun!!! ;)

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Don't you just love those comments people make? My sister got asked if she was pregnant at work last week, and she's definitely not!! Whoops! I hope you're feeling ok! Just give me a call if you need any more french fries or doughnuts!