Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Katie Jo Berry is a Graduation Girl!

I DID IT!!! I ACTUALLY GRADUATED!!! Yes, yours truly officially has her Bachelors of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Sociology. Oh, and did I mention that I graduated with high honors? Not to toot my own horn but...Beep b beep b beep! I look back on those long 5 years and think, "Phew, that was hard." It brings such deep satisfaction knowing how hard I have worked and to see the final product of my hard work. I know I could not have done it without Josh. There were so many times that he would watch the girls so I could get homework done or sleep. There were so many times I would come home to find the house sparkling clean with dinner waiting on the table. He had to put up with my high stress levels and my bad mood at times. He gave me a few priesthood blessings along the way. He encouraged me when so many others though I could not do it. And best of all....he still loves me after all this! Our family has also helped. I don't think there is a single family member living in Idaho Falls that hasn't helped us in some way. Now, I have to say that I have the best friends! Especially all you Rose Park ladies! I have to mention one friend in particular who has meant a lot to me, and that's you Marci Dimick! Marci served in Young Womens with me and I know I could not have fulfilled my calling without her constant help. She brought me pizza when life was crazy, she would loan me books when I needed a break from textbooks, she would drop by cards just to let me know she was thinking about me, she watched my kids for me when I was in a bind, and she did so many more things for me that I just can't write it all down. I hope I can return the favor someday. Of course I want to thank my Heavenly Father. He was with me from the beginning and will never leave me. When I finally realized I could not make my own way on this earth, I gave myself to him and let him mold me like clay. Though I am a work in progress, the work He has done with me is much finer and much more beautiful than if I would have tried to do it on my own.

Don't expect this to be the end for me. I am constantly trying to improve and reinvent myself. There will be more to come....

Here are some pics from my Graduation!








3 comments:

Amberly said...

Congrats Katie! That is an awesome accomplishment!!

Jen said...

Katie, you are amazing! Way to go! I'm so happy for you and CONGRATS!

~The Dippold's said...

Katie you are amazing and so inspiring! Congrats on your graduation! :)