Last Friday, the girls and I went up to Palisades Lake to go boating with my family. We had a blast! My dad's friend came up too and had the most awesome tube anyone had ever seen. Jozlyn and Haylie Jo thought they were so brave. Haylie Jo was the first to want to ride the tube and everyone soon joined in. Jozlyn got so brave she stood up while going fast!
The scariest thing happened while we were there. While we were waiting for my dad to hitch up the boat, the girls, my niece and 2 nephews went off to explore a little. Soon, we heard them screaming and turned to see them running down the hill at full speed. Jaxon shouted, "We saw a bear!" Haylie Jo lost her shoe and went back! I was never more scared than I was at that moment. I just knew a bear was going to come out of the trees and eat my little girl! We all yelled her name until she came back (with her shoe) and we jumped in the car. A narrow escape from such a dreadful death!
Jozlyn and Haylie Jo with Great-Grandpa Anderson
The girls on the boat!
Haylie Jo swimming
Jozlyn swimming
Haylie Jo on the tube. Can you see her?
Jozlyn tubing too!
My dad with his life jacket on like a diaper. Do they ever grow up? :)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday Getaway
Posted by Katie at 8:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
That bear story is scary! I'm glad everyone is all right. Your boating adventure looks like so much fun!
Great reading your blogg
Post a Comment