Remember the scary bear story on my last blog? Well, I found out more. My dad talked to the other cabin owners that share our gate, and asked if they had been picking any of the huckleberries that grew over where the cattle grazed. They said they hadn't been eating them, but they had seen a huge (they said it was HUGE!) mother black bear around the cabins lately eating the berries! The kids told us where they had seen the bear and it was only yards away from where they were playing. I just had to thank God that our kids were kept safe from harm that day. I wonder if the cows distracted the bear enough for them to go unnoticed or whether they were not seen as a threat. Whatever happened, it simply sickens me to know that anyone of them could have been seriously hurt, and especially my Haylie Jo who couldn't bear to part with her $2.50 flip-flop from Old Navy. I told her, "If you ever see a bear, you run and scream like crazy. Leave the shoe behind!"
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment